Tuesday, October 19, 2004

I was driving along the Federal Highway this morning and I chanced upon a silvery Mercedes "mata belalang". A badge beside the number plate says the owner is an "Ahli Majlis Datuk-Datuk Melaka". The year is not stated, so I don't know if he was one of 80-odd people who got theirs recently.

A crawling hundred metres down the road, I spotted another car, this time a slightly more modest one, sporting a badge. It's the Bar Council member's. I've been wondering for quite some time - why is it only lawyers put their "professional" badges on their cars? Why not engineers, architects, accountants, etc? Does it help when you're caught speeding or for illegal parking?

Life goes on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

PostBaru Online Users

visitors since 8 March 2006